Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

VW Tiguan The fuel flap won't open. Is there any way that I

Customer Question

VW Tiguan
The fuel flap won't open. Is there any way that I can get to the mechanism. Is there a combination by using the key fob or the buttons in the cab?
Rod Dickinson
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

If the actuator has failed then unfortunately there is no cable for the fuel door its all operated by a electronic click push type actuator

even if you remove the boot liner trim on that side you may not be able to get the latch to release because these actuators are replaced when the fuel door is open

its worth trying though

so you can remove the right rear trunk trim panel and see if you can get it to release and knock gently on the back of the actuator its also worth trying to apply a little heat to the actuator with a hot air gun or hairdryer

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of thescreen. Please do not forget! Thank you