Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2002 ROVER 75 DEISEL TOURER, RECENTLY I GOT LOCKED OUT OF

2002 ROVER 75 DEISEL TOURER, RECENTLY I GOT LOCKED OUT OF THECAR THE FOLLWING DAY I GOT LOCKED IN THE CAR THE HORN WAS SOUNDING AND THE ONLY WAY I COULD SILENCE IT WAS TO KEEP THE IGNITION KEY IN THE START POSITION UNTIL I COULD DISSCONNECT HE BATTERY. IT WAS LOOKED AT BY AN AUTO ELECTRICIAN WHO MANAGED TO RESET THE IMMOBILIZER BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE CAR WILL NOT START, ALL ELECTRICS ARE WORKING BUT THE ENGINE WILL NOT TURN OVER I HAVE HOT WIRED IT BUT EVEN WITH ENGINE TURNING IT WILL NOT FIRE UP. I HAVE HAD THE KEY CHECKED OVER BUT I STILL FEEL THE KEY IS RESPONSIBLE, BUT I HAVE A SPARE KEY BUT STILL NO JOY,
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'd say that this is a security system issue and its quite possible that the ECU is at fault

I'd suggest to send it off to this firm

http://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk/

as they can test the ECU for all its function and confirm that the security features are correctly enabled

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have already changed the ECU but the same problem remains, I am a retired mechanic so I have some knowledge about systems but this one is posing a problem. Every thing electrical appears to function correctly excepting the N/S/R door. But the starter motor refuses to operate and the fuel supply to the engine is also cut off, It is starting to look like a tow job to Newcastle where an auto electrical company would proberbly be able to correct the problem. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jim

any replacement ECU has to be coded up to match the security present in the key and trasnmistter module so I'd say to get in touch with the firm I've already mentioned ( as they specialise in ROver ECU's )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am afraid that the company which you recommended relating to the ECU check are not able to attend to this particular item as it is from a BMW system. However I have had the vehicle repaired today and it would appear that sometime in the past the ECU had been subject to water ingress and replaced with the wrong ECU as it was found to originate from a saloon car. So I have had the ECU, the key transponder and the immobilizer unit replaced, the BHP lifted from 116 to 135 it now performs very well and goes like the clappers. Regards ***** *****