Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Oil pressure light on on a traffic van, we don't think there

Customer Question

Oil pressure light on on a traffic van, we don't think there is a problem, just a faulty switch so worried about it going into safe mode. Anything we can do please
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

you don't have to worry about it going into a safe mode, the ECU doesn't worry about that sensor

check the connection to the pressure switch is bright and clean and check back along the switch wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation

As if the wire is grounded out at any point then this will also turn on the light

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Matt,
I’ve just got back from a 1000 mile in France with the warning lights on but fortunatly not further problems, I’ve not had chance to get the problem fixed yet as had to get back into work. All ran ok without issues although a little unnearving cruising at high motorway limits with the lights on. I found on FB a page for Renault Trafic owners so I mentioned it on there and had a similar response to yours, now I only have to find somebody that will fix it as I don’t really have confidence in my local Renault dealer.
Thanks for setting my mind at rest so that I could get away (two days on Le Mans circuit, motorcycle track days)
I’ll let you know
Tony
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

understood