Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2007 renault laguna 2.2 diesel seems to have a lot of

my 2007 renault laguna 2.2 diesel seems to have a lot of presure when you take the oil filler cap off is this something i should worry about it uses no oil or water and it runs fine thanks steve
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello Steve

if there's a lot of crankcase pressure being generated then the first thing I'd check is the crankcase pressure relief valve (PCV) these are sprung loadedand are only meant to 'burp' excess pressure every now and then. The exiting gas is piped back to the inlet, however should the valve stick then the engine has no means to vent its generated gas back into the inlet

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well ive just changed the rocker gasket and inlet manifold gaskets due to oil around the injectors but this pressure is still there and if i put my food down it will push the dipstick out a bill