Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have problem with my car Passat 2007 2.0 FSI petrol. The

Customer Question

I have problem with my car Passat 2007 2.0 FSI petrol.
The problem is no power in the engine.
The enginee working smoothly except no power
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

as you don't mention a check engine light then this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
1st thing to try is to remove the fuel filler cap and then flick the ignition on whilst listening for the brief ‘buzz’ of the pump

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injector rail (should usually be around 3Bar / 45psi +) and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
im still dint found the problem.
i want add some information may help us.
1. the raise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the speed pressure is 4 and below the engine power is very slow
but if speed pressure 4 and above the engine power is good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also
when start the engine its take time to start (some times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its also effecting the gear changing (delay in changing)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power pressure mean speed pressure
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

if the power is OK above 4krpm

then I'd suspect that there may be an issue with either the turbocharger or a faulty cam phaser

I'd suggest the next step is to get the car plugged into a scan tool thats capable of monitoring the boost pressure and cam timing so you can see if the engine is following its target parameters or if they are stuck