Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My citroen C3 picasso is 4 years old would I expect the

My citroen C3 picasso is 4 years old would I expect the power steering "module " to go so soon, I have just had to have the "loom" replaced as washer pump leaked onto electrics.Could the work done to replace the loom in any way affect the power steering?
This is is WOMAN SPEAK as I have no knowledge of car mechanics but I am learning fast.The charge for replacing the loom was initially £1000 pounds,any comment?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

the electric power steering does take some other information from around the car, like vehicle speed but as its all contained inside the car with only the motor on the steering rack

but to be honest I'd be very surprised if the engine bay wiring loom issues have effected the power steering

but you are right in saying that these cars can have issues with the power steering 'module'

you said the charge for replacing the loom was £1000, did you manage to negotiate this down? if so then good job as the job to replace it is actually quite involved and takes about 3 hours labour (at a typical hourly rate of £75/hour) and then the parts are about £300