Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

When I turn key in ignition of car primera 02 petrol all

Customer Question

When I turn key in ignition of car primera 02 petrol all dash lights come on as normal but when key is turned to start nothing but silence is it immobiliser or starter or key fob, I did notice when I lock car with key fob car icon on dash is continually flashing, when I lock from internal switch all is ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

By the sounds of could well be the immobilser Nats system..Have you tried a second key to see if that works..other than that id say the first basic checks to rule out is to ensure the battery is fully charged and voltage is reaching the starter when in the start need to ensure that is happening....also sometimes if you rotate the key all the way on start position and leave it in that position for 5 seconds then all the way back and then repeat that step 3 or 4 times and see if that resets it..faling that i suspect the problems going to be immobiliser in that the car not seeing the key and hence wont allow the car to start up in that case you will need to have the car plugged in to see if the key is being recognised or not...I do hope this helps