Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a bmw 320d with m47n engine my problem is after

Customer Question

Hi I have a bmw 320d with m47n engine my problem is after turning engine off after driving a few hours it will not start until cooled down.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

There are probably 2 mains things to check ideally when the fault occurs and that would be fuel supply pressure at the rail.they have intank supply pump which so you would need to get the supply pressure checked..aswell as checking for dropping out of one of either crank or cam sensor failure as quite common for the crank sensor to go open circuit when hot and thus the engine simply just spins over because the ecu doesnt see engine crank speed hence non start until of course the engine cools aswell as the sensor and the circuit goes closed circuit and the car start. normally you need to scanlivedata to see that when the fault occurs or during for those..