Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2002 Petrol S Type. For several months the message

I have a 2002 Petrol S Type. For several months the message window has randomly reported ANS and DSC not available. When this happens the Cruise Control is also disabled. Now the message is permanent. Is this a mechanical parts malfunction, connect problems or sensor issues? Is it repairable and at what approximate cost? Thanks. B.Bowen
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Shanty,Thanks for your follow up. I would like to leave this topic open, I can wait a while longer.B.Bowen
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.

Hi Mr B.Bowen.

When these warning lights come on this is letting you know that the ABS management system has encountered a malfunction with in the system.

You need to get your Jag hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for all malfunction codes .

The ABS and DSC will always come on together and the most common fault for this is the wheel speed sensor .

And not so nice is in second place is the ABS module malfunction, where just inside a solder goes bad and just needs resoldering .this you can remove open up and inspect .if you know of a good TV/Radio repair shop he can test and resolder

this for you.then retry .could say you a fortune if this is your problem.

Any malfunction with in the ABS .Engine ,Transmission system will deactivate the Cruise control.

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg

Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech