Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a mk4 golf gt tdi 1.9 and the air bag light hand

Customer Question

hi I have a mk4 golf gt tdi 1.9 and the air bag light hand break light abs light and traction control light keep flashing on and off while driving could anyone help please thamk you
Category: Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me about my question which I asked over 2 hours ago thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

to get all those lights on at once I'd suspect that there's an issue with the steering wheel connections, as if the steering wheel position sensor and the steering wheel airbag are not connected then this will generate both an ABS and a airbag fault

So I'd start by carefully checking over the steering column wiring loom for damage