Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My xenon headlamp part number 4L0941003F has broken. I have

Customer Question

My xenon headlamp part number 4L0941003F has broken . I have found a replacement on line 4L0941003d. The last letters are different but will it still be suitable please?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** possible to use this part on my car please
Expert:  Ross replied 10 months ago.

The 4L0941003F and 4L0941003D head lamps are both the same type and fitment of headlamp, the suffix refers to the variant/revision of the part, unfortunately in this case the "D" is a clear lens cover and the "F" is a darker smoked lens cover,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are they okay to use in the UK. They are sold as a pair so I could change themy both. Thanks
Expert:  Ross replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no specification available for this part number, however it does appear it has superseded to a new part number, please bare with me while i take a look to see if there are more details available.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay. Thanks
Expert:  Ross replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I have checked the parts catalog, it appears there is no specification for the country of use available, i suspect the fact it is only one letter difference, the only difference would be the tinted lens but i would try to contact the supplier to confirm that before ordering.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay thanks very much
Expert:  Ross replied 10 months ago.

No problem, best of luck getting it sorted.

Expert:  Ross replied 10 months ago.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions. If your happy with my help, please remember to provide a rating or accept my answer. Thanks. Ross.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just to notify you the part wouldnt fit