Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Hyundai Terracan 2.9 Cdi 07 reg. The car is

I have a Hyundai Terracan 2.9 Cdi 07 reg. The car is misfiring, I've replaced the fuel filter and used an engine/ injector cleaner also had a full service in August any ideas please as to what is causing this problem?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could a faulty brake light switch have anything to do with stopping the injectors from working properly?
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Id 1st check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly

If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve

Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home

and no t a faulty brake light switch will not effect the injectors

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Matt I will investigate what you have sent to me, thank you much appreciated, AL Gregory