Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Peugeot 1007 semi automatic and it seems to be

Customer Question

i have a Peugeot 1007 semi automatic and it seems to be cutting out nearly every time i slow down to stop which suggests to me that it is changing from auto to manual . is there any way the manual side can be isolated so i dont keep getting this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

can you tell me what engine size and fuel type this is please?

also do you have any check engine or other fault lights on?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi matt it is 1.4 petrol engine.there are no fault indications that i can see
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

OK if the box is switching to manual every time you stop then check that its not in sport and if thats OK then I'd ask the dealership to ensure that the latest software is loaded into the car

if you have any lack of power or fluctuating engine speed at idle then its possibly a vacuum leak on the engine

let me know what you find

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you