Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a 1974 Datsun 260 Z 2+2 Sport Coupe original and

Hi, I have a 1974 Datsun 260 Z 2+2 Sport Coupe original and unrestored and in concourse condition.Unfortunately I had to call out the RAC as I was having trouble starting the car.The engine was turning with good sparking on all six cylinders. The mechanic after getting me going again said that the diaphram in the petrol pump looks like it is at fault and I would need to replace it or get a kit to repair it if I wanted to keep the car original. So now I have found this site I wonder if you could point me in the right direction to obtain a kit as the pumps that are being re-manufactured "although they look the same "will still take off the originality of the car.
Thank you in anticipation of your help or otherwise. Kindest regards.Tony Bates.
***@******.*** Tel.01257 480906.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 23 days ago.

Hello Tony

this will be quite tricky I'd say but I'd start with the 240Z specialists

if they can't help then try this firm

who specialise in classic fuel systems as datsun copied a lot of SU designs so an SU / MG pump may be of use

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hey Matt.Although you gave me the name of which I had not tried before they could not help.The other two I had tried already. So you did put me onto a new lead but it was to no avail. I am willing to give you a rating but I think the information up to now does not warrant a payment of £27.00. I dont know how you feel about this until I have your reply. Kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Matt replied 22 days ago.

hello Tony

thats no problem, the process is meant to be a back and forth until we solve the problem

OK I'd also try this firm for carb and fuel pump parts

and then there's this firm - although addmittedly in australia

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok Thanks for that matt. I was not sure whether we had finished or not.Obviousley not so please forgive me my ignorance in not being sure how this site works. I am going to try the further suggested sites you have given me and will be in touch with any progress You and I have made.Thanks.Kind regards.Tony.
Expert:  Matt replied 21 days ago.

no problem Tony

just get back to me on this post

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sent off emails to the sites you suggested matt. I am still awaiting replies from two of them
Expert:  Matt replied 20 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Matt. I think you are very helpfull with your info but I am still awaiting some responses from the States and ozzie that you gave me.I promise you I will rate you later.Tony. I feel if I rate you now that the £27.00.I have paid will be taken and I will still have the problem. I am going to send an email to Nissan.Japan to see if they have any old stock or kits available.
Expert:  Matt replied 18 days ago.

Ok might be worth contacting this firm too in that case

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok Matt doing that now.
Expert:  Matt replied 17 days ago.

Ok good luck

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Matt.Just to let you know I only have you to rely on at the moment.It is proving difficult to get and immediate response from some of these guys in the states but I will keep trying till I do.As far as your help goes I am willing to mark you up with at least 3 stars if not more when we have finished because you have supplied me with the most sites to look on. I will keep in touch but in the meantime I will send more emails off to try and jockey an answer from the sites you have already provided.
Expert:  Matt replied 15 days ago.

understood Tony

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Matt.Just to keep you updated I have contacted someone at Classiccarbs and he is trying to get kits manufactured by his suppliers.However it is going to take Him a couple of weeks before He has any confirmation of whether they can or not.If I rate you now can we still carry on our conversation without further cost to me or will I have to pay again for basically the same question.
Expert:  Matt replied 13 days ago.

hello Tony

if you rate me now then you can still get in touch on this post as I'll leave the question open

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years