Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2007 suzuki swift has been idle fir 4 weeks and i get

Customer Question

My 2007 suzuki swift has been idle fir 4 weeks and i get nothing when i turn the ignition key. I fitted a vrabd bew battery anx still nothing?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

hello

its possibly the security system has been locked down by the flattened battery

I'd suggest to 1st check if your new battery has at least 12V with the engine off if it does then check that main battery connections are tight and clean and if the large fuses on the battery positive terminals are intact

if thats all OK then try replacing the battery in the key-fob and if the car is a push button start model then touch the metal portion of the key fob onto the metal outside of the push button

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks for your reply I have got it sorted now, it was the fuse on the battery not sure how, but it's sorted thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

glad to have helped

if you wouldn't mind rating then that would be much appreciated