Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2008 ford smax...the battery went flat so i brought

Customer Question

hi i have a 2008 ford smax...the battery went flat so i brought a new one,now my immobilizer is on and will not come off and i can not turn the car over,,,,,help
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response ,
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayOk the Immobilsor on smax /galaxy is very sensitive
The reason this Immobilsor active message appears is because the BCMii (body control module ) and ABS module thinks a theft has took placeThere is a few things you can try
To resolve this
The first thing is to lock the car up and leave it for around 20 minutes then open it and retestIf the fault is still present then dissconect the battety for30-40 minutes and the reconnect (earth lead first )
If the Immobilsor message still appears then then you would need to have the codes erased using diagnostic equipment
We see a lot of smax/Galaxy and Mondeo in for this exact concern
In most cases the tests I have given should work but in some cases the codes needs to be erased from the BCMii /abs and PCM
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Hi there good evening to you
How did you get on with the Immobilsor ConcernKindest regards ***** *****
Brian