Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My seat Ibiza journey was fine until I stopped at the gym

my seat Ibiza journey was fine until I stopped at the gym for an hour. when I returned the car ignition was dead. lights come on the dashboard, no warning lights come up but nothing happens when I turn the key. can you suggest what is the matter? Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi..there..

Possible low voltage in the battery,maybe due to the battery itself or charging problem or you have drain on the battery thats needs to be traced down..even though the dash lights come on - there may not be enough voltage to turn the engine over..another could be the starter motor has gone..in which case you need to test the starter is reciving a 12v feed to the feed wire on the solenoid when the key is in the on position..another fault could be an immobliser problem but usually this would show up on the dash too if the key was not recognoised or problem within the immobiliser system...either way you best checking the obvious first as per the battery itself maybe jump start..aswell as the connections to it are secure first...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
well done, you were correct. the live feed to the starter motor had broken. very difficult to get to but ok now. thanks.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi..glad you got it sorted out...If you could leave a rating for me on the answer above..it would very much appreciated..