Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I had an incident on Saturday in my Skoda Citigo, 1 ltr,

Hi there
I had an incident on Saturday in my Skoda Citigo, 1 ltr, 2014. To cut a long story short...I had to reverse it up quite a steep hill, once finished there was white smoke coming from the hood. I haven't driven it till today, it drives fine, no smoke billowing, temp is normal, however there's still an awful smoke smell. Is this just the smell imbedded in my upholstery/filter? Or a more serious issue? Any help appreciated :)
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

I'd 1st check the fluid levels on the engine ( coolant & oil) and if thats OK then I'd test the clutch by putting a brick or something similar in front of the front wheels and then let out the clutch slowly and ensure that the engine revs' drop and then try and climb over the brick

if the engine revs just sail up then there's a problem with the clutch

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you