Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Citreon belongs multispace automatic 2012.I had the

Dear Sir,I have a Citreon belongs multispace automatic 2012.I had the interior turned into a day van/camper. I use it for CH. dog shows all over the country,staying 3/4 days.I would like to have a high roof fitted,making it into a proper camper for one and my cannine.Would this unbalance it ,add to much weight.It would only be a roof . At the same time, if feasible fix a solar panel pirmantly on new roof. I would like to know if this is all possible on my belingo base.?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Much weight or make it top heavy?.
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

most camper roof / sleeping spaces are flexible and expand up when required so this won't effect the way the vehicle drives

If you look at this website you'll see that the sleeping space is a fabric / tent affair that is only erected when needed

http://www.campervanconversion.co.uk/

its also possible to have a rigid roof on the new tent section so you could mount the desired solar panel on this part

there are many firms around the country that tackle this work if you don't want to do it yourself

http://www.convertyourvan.co.uk/

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you