Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My VW EOS is five years old I had it serviced in January

Customer Question

my VW EOS is five years old I had it serviced in January 2015 last week my car broke down I was told it was bone dry no oil .is it possible that no oil was put in at the last service. My car engine is damaged beyond repair. Please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi..there..apologies for the delay..

Unless there is a significant leak spotted around the engine or the underside of the car or the sump damaged or the sump plug not correctly tightened. to say otherwise as to why there was no oil present in the sump.and the oil filter has been screwed on correctly or replaced..then if the sump was found to be empty of engine oil...then its pretty much looking like someone at the time of the service has forgotten to fill the engine with oil after it was drained..if thats the case..then the service dealer is likely liable for the cause of the damage here...I do hope this helps