Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2011 Audi A5 sport back 3 TDI Quattro multitronic

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Audi A5 sport back 3 TDI Quattro multitronic with 95000 miles. Just recently I've been seeing a warning message stating "gearbox malfunction, safe to drive with limited drive" or similar. Just for a few secs I have limited acceleration and then it's back to normal. I've also noticed that my steering is pulling to the right, but I'm. It sure if this is linked to the warning message.
Can anyone thrown any light on this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.

Hi David.

This car of yours is going into limp mode (Protection mode).

What you have to do to see what is causing you this issue is to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool .

When hooked up the testing technician will look for malfunction codes in all system then validate what has to be done

to rectify this problem .

The problem you have could very well be linked together .

Without hooking up to the scan tool and checking for malfunction codes would just be a guess and guessing can become very expensive if the guess is bad.

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg