Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I've had to replace the ECU in my 08 Vauxhall Corsa, mileage

Customer Question

Hi, I've had to replace the ECU in my 08 Vauxhall Corsa, mileage is showing a lot less now on the clock than it should be, what should I do?
MB
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi..there..

You'll need to find someone who can perform mileage correction using specific diagnostic machine/tech2..you should of had a note of the current mileage or the people who changed the ecm should of noted it down prior to replacement..unless you have somesort of test certificate or very recent service invoice with the mileage on it you'll need to match it close to that..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If i was to trade it in with a dealer, would that still be my best option?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Well if there is any discrepancy with mileage current on the dash and any test certficates or on electronic database they can check..then that could likely effect the value of the car hugely or find it suspect..id maybe try an find someone locally who can do mileage correction and see what they can do for you...