Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 2004. The alternator needs

Customer Question

I have Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 2004. The alternator needs replacing so say AA following call out.
I have been given a brand new VW 1.9 TDI alternator by a friend which he states is compatable. I is this correct ? Cheeky I know but would appreciate a helping hand Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Yes it should fit, as most alternators are set up for all the VW/Audi engine group which is also Skoda Seat,etc.

But to be sure what year is your skoda and what year is the VW.

If you can get me the Number on the sticker on the rear part of the alternator on both .VW and the Skoda.

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you and if i can't i will opt out so another expert can , we want you to be happy and have your problem sorted out and be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..