Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a citroen c1 2007 ,will not start all electrics

Customer Question

i have a citroen c1 2007 ,will not start all electrics functional i.e. radio lights fan.dash light all come up and when key turned i get 2 clicks engine not turning over, have disconnected battery and reconnected...car will not turn over
Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: steering wheel can turn key all good have used spare also
Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Citroen?
Customer: C1 VIBE 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your Vibe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: TRYING TO JUST DISCONECTED BATTERY
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

Do you have basic testing tools to do a few test like a voltmeter ,test light .

Or will you be sending the car to your garage ,

Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have a voltmeter
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can you let me exactly where the starter motor is located, i think it is on the rear of engine as you look at the enginewhile standing at front of car.
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Okay the two click is coming from the engine room or in the cabin, if coming

from the engine room then you may have a weak battery or bad starter motor .

With the voltmeter check the battery voltage , a good battery will have 12.6 plus volts

if you only have 12 volts or less you need to recharge or replace the battery ,

To load test the battery fitted try and start the engine keeping an eye on the voltmeter

if the voltage drops below 10 volts then starter is probably ok and just need to change or charge the battery .

check this then get back to me .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Battery good, click in engine room, i think starter motor is at rear of engine ?
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Okay sounds like a bad starter motor ,first check the relay ,try another starter relay first .

Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

you got the 1.4L diesel or the 1.0L petrol .

Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Swap over the A/C relay with the starter relay and try and start just clicks replace the starter motor .

Greg