Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician at Motorama City Holden
84449473

Are you aware of an increasing incidence of car sunshine

Are you aware of an increasing incidence of car sunshine roofs exploding? It has happened recently on my new (Jan 17) Honda HRV and Honda are refusing to bear the cost of repair under warranty, citing their belief that I was hit by a stone or external force. There was no evidence to support this assumption and I believe the breakage occurred as a result of product failure. I'm told this is happening right across the industry. Do you have any advice?
Category: Car
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

Were you moving at the time, if so what speed?

If not, where there other vehicles around at the time?

Gary

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
at 60mph on a freeway near Windsor England. It was a busy morning time but the traffic was moving freely at the same speed. Thanks John
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hi John,

It is all over the internet.

Here is some:

http://www.wheels.ca/news/exploding-sunroofs-what-can-cause-it-and-whos-to-blame/

I'm sure Honda may agree.

Gary

Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Senior Technician at Motorama City Holden