Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I am an unqualified diesel mechanic with 25 years experience

I am an unqualified diesel mechanic with 25 years experience in the trade and have
failed to get recognition. I worked under my Father, who is qualified. How do you
suggest I go about it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Have you thought about doing a online mechanics course .

Here is one >>>here<<<.

Another >>>HERE<<< this one most likely the best for you, level 3 or 5 due to 25 years experience.

And this one >>>HERE<<< ..

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
many thanks greg. This has been very helpful, can I add that I have rebuilt engines ,gearboxes and axles for 2 up to25 ton, I also have a heavy vehicle driving license. look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

The more years you have under you're belt the easier it will be .

you only want a diesel mechanics course will be easy .

Take in to note the new vehicle system of diesel are basically the same system as most petrol vehicles .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi greg thankyou for your reply,imust add that I have a level 3 ict diploma . I would like to do the diesel course could you advise on the cost as I am currently unemployed and on benefits .Thanks , looking forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi .

Not quite sure on cost, but if you go to the job centre and explain all this then there are Government

programs to help unemployed person's .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi greg I am presently in touch with the job centre & haven`t been able to find any useful information. I have singed up for a course but I am meeting with the lecturer next week at huntingdon colledge. I am quite keen to learn about the online course you mentioned, any help would be appreciated. Thankyou for being so patient with me,look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi Karl .

Not much more i can help you with , you will have to get in touch with the online links i gave you .

Keep pestering the Job centre and when they see you are very keen they will help you more ,seen this with my son

some centre don't really care unles you pester them over and over .

Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Thank you Karl .

Wish you all the best .

Let me know how you get on .

Rgds Greg