Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Daihatsu Extol van. Where do I find the connector

I have a Daihatsu Extol van. Where do I find the connector to enable me to read off the engine fault codes
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Drivers side under the drivers dash ,you will see a 16 pin plug .

But depending on where the van came from it may not have OBD system .

But being a 2006 must have it .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Morning Greg, Thank you for replying. The vehicle was purchased locally from a then Daihatsu dealer. You mention under the dash, how far up would it be? I can not see any sockets that do not have a plug in it which from the internet info it should be. I have taken a couple of photos and have attached them which I hope will help us both. If its easier to chat I am happy to call you. my number is ***** Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Greg, I believe I have located the connector. Its on the passenger side. Speaking to a friend of mine who also has the same van he suggested looking on the passenger side because he had heard they originally were built for LHS drive Sure enough it was there hanging. All the best.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Okay so its been crossed over ,from LHD to LHD ?

Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Greg, Apologies for the delay but I at to borrow another Diagnostic tool as mine would not fit. Checked it today and its identified it as engine temperature sensor or connection. Could you please advise me were this sensor is on the engine. Thanks Norman
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Temp sensor is on the side cylinder head towards the rear .

Just besides the engine hanger .

Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Greg, Thanks for the answer. Can you tell me which side of the engine is that assuming I am facing forward towards the wind screen. Also do you think I can reach it from underneath. Many thanks
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Should be on the exhaust side towards the back of the engine ,Transmission side .

If not there as there is two engine types for this car it will be near the top coolant hose .

Follow the top radiator hose to the engine and where the hose is at the engine you will see the coolant temp sensor .

Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Many thanks Greg you have been most helpful.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Thank you Norman .

When you are ready hit the acceptance starts above 5 appreciated.

Greg