Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an ee20 legacy diesel with a broken crankshaft in

I have an ee20 legacy diesel with a broken crankshaft in Ireland. It hasn't been stripped down but im sure its the crankshaft. I have a quote of £850 for a full rebuild from specialists in UK however this does not include a replacement crank. I am finding it difficult to get a price for a crankshaft and i don't want to waste any money until i have a reasonable estimation of how much i will be paying.
Would you know how much a replacement crankshaft costs?
And what else would have to be replaced when replacing a crankshaft?
If you can recommend any company that might help it would be appreciated. I am willing to ship the engine to UK for the work as it seems to be the best value for money.
Alex.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

a new crank from Subaru retails about £600 but going through a specialist will often mean you can get it cheaper than that

I'd suggest to contact this firm for a crank

http://m.roadnrace.co.uk/EE20-DIESEL-ENGINE.html

and contact this firm for a rebuild

http://tdracing.co.uk/project/engine-rebuilds/

I have to say £800 sounds very cheap. possibly too cheap

Expert:  Matt replied 25 days ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you