Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Infiniti replaced 2 of the TPMS sensors / tyre valves on my

Infiniti replaced 2 of the TPMS sensors / tyre valves on my FX37 & now the dash warning light has come on. Infiniti has had 2 goes at fixing the problem saying they have re-programmed the sensors on both occasions, but the problem persists. If I select the 'Info' button and then select tyre pressures, the 2 replaced sensors on the graphic do not show a tyre pressure.When I set off from cold, the dash warning light flashes for a while then just stays on.Any ideas on a solution please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

First make sure they did not leave the old sensors that were removed in the vehicle somewhere.I have seen this done before and it confuses the computer and causes this issue.

If this is o.k. and the only sensors in the vehicle are the ones in the wheels/tires and you have no readings at all the dealer or a repair shop needs to use their tire pressure test tool to see if the new sensors are still sending out a signal.If they are not then the sensors they installed are faulty and need replaced again under parts warranty at no charge to you.

If the sensors are sending out a signal then the tire pressure low pressure module is most likely faulty needing replaced.It is located under the dash on the passenger side.It can fail internally and causes a fault like this here with it needing replaced.You would need to have this tested further to see if for sure it needs replaced but I have had to replace it before for this type of fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pete,
Can you describe the Tyre Pressure Low Pressure Module and exactly where it is in the car in case I take my car to another dealer to get it fixed? Any idea of the price ?Also, would a garage other than Infiniti have a Tyre Pressure Test Tool or is this something just for the TPMS systems on Infiniti cars?

The tire pressure module is what monitors the tire pressures.If a tire becomes low then the module turns on the warning light/message you see on the dash.I show a cost of around $500 for this module and a half hour labor to have replaced.

Any shop or garage that has a tire pressure test tool can usually test this for you and replace if needed.Below are the only images I show on its location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8q4dbkjj5ej0ny/ty-09-13.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35uvjnbr99g0zp9/tyr-09-13.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete