Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Engine Management System requires Service message

I have a Engine Management System requires Service message together with a yellow supervisory light on the dashboard. Any ideas what it is and is it urgent?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

The Engine System Service Required is just a service interval indicator.

If you had the engine check light coming on then that will mean you have a fault.

You can simply re-set the Engine System Service Required by carrying out a simply re-set. Button A is located at the bottom and to the left of your speedo. Ensure all doors are closed, Turn the ignition key to position 1(accessories), Press and hold button A, Immediately turn the ignition key to position 2 (ignition), Keep button A depressed until the service message has been re-set - a yellow 'info' light will illuminate, Release button A within 4 seconds - you will hear a beep when the re-set is complete. This doesn't always work on the first try. You may have to repeat the process various times.