Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2010 reg VW Golf Estate 1.6 TDi DSG (automatic)

I have a 2010 reg VW Golf Estate 1.6 TDi DSG (automatic) that has done just under 50,000 miles.
The engine management light has come on but the engine still runs well, there are no new noises and no reason to believe that there is anything wrong.
Could it be a faulty sensor that needs replacing or something more serious?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there is no affects to the way the engine is running and transmission/gear box is shifting o.k. then most likely this is a small issue that is not affecting the running or driving of your vehicle.This can be a sensor at fault needing replaced as I have seen some sensors fail before causing this issue.

You will need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete