Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Maxda 3 Takara 1.6d An electrical fault light has come on.

Maxda 3 Takara 1.6d An electrical fault light has come on. This was quickly followed by a break light fault when I break; and the radio display turning off whenever I stop to manoeuvre the car. The power steering also goes for a second or two each time. Any ideas what the problem could be?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was driving the car home to park it up and it experienced a complete electric failure. The car stopped with no electrics whatsoever; not even for the hazard lights.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a loss of battery power or ground connection issues causing this issue here.I have seen this cause this type of fault here before in the past.I would check the battery cables for being loose, damaged or corroded or any issues with the cables or connections.If these are all found to be o.k. I would have the alternator and battery tested for any faults.But this does sound to be one of these as the cause here with losing battery power or ground to all electrical intermittently.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I organised a mechanic to check out the alternator and battery this morning when no word came back. I had already checked connections to the battery and believe its the alternator.

Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete