Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Does the 'system' need resetting or rebooting after renewing

Does the 'system' need resetting or rebooting after renewing the crankcase sensor?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models there is a crank sensor relearn that has to be done with a compatible scan tool/code reader to relearn the crank sensor position.This usually takes less then a half hour to do.I would have this checked to see if this can and needs done to resolve any faults.If this does not resolve the fault and you still see the crank sensor error fault then this may be an issue with wiring to the sensor at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete