Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Used one of Here's Jaguar USB map update sticks twice by

Used one of Here's Jaguar USB map update sticks twice by accident. Now the sat nav is stuck saying Updating Map Data... How do I fix this please?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Have disconnected the battery.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 29 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately what happens when it goes into this loop again to load software but it has already had it installed or if it froze up when trying to install or lost communication with the usb stick during install or had what is called a logic lock up, the audio unit has to be replaced to resolve this issue here.I have seen this occur several times before and the audio unit had to be replaced to resolve this fault.There is no way to unlock it to allow it to perform normally.It is like a hard drive when it fails in a computer unfortunately.

Another option is to see if you can have your audio unit repaired.Below is a link to a repair facility that can check and do this for you.

http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repairlist

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks Pete, but I already knew that

Your welcome

Unfortunately there is no other way to correct this here.You have already tried the battery disconnect and it did not work.In some cases leaving it disconnected for about 5 minutes may work to reset it but usually it is locked up and will not reset manually and needs to be either repaired or replaced.I have seen this occur several times before and had to replace the audio unit to correct this.I wish I had better news for you on this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete