Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

FORD KUGA 2013 New tyre fitted - don't know how to turn the

FORD KUGA 2013 New tyre fitted - don't know how to turn the tyre pressure warning off
STELLA
Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Yes - the car occasionally shudders/judders when pulling away. As if the traction is not right. I have had the automatic gearbox checked and no apparent fault with that - don't know if this is a tyre problem or what it is but the juddering is quite fierce when it happens.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

On some models you can air up the tires to the proper inflation then drive the vehicle at a speed more then 30 kmh for several minutes and it will turn off.If it does not then you may have a faulty tire sensor needing replaced.You would have to have the sensors tested with a tire pressure test tool to see if one is faulty needing replaced.

The shudder may be a separate fault.This may be a fault with an engine misfire due to an injector issue or if this is a gasoline engine this can be a fault with an ignition coil or spark plug worn needing replaced.I have also seen where a faulty wheel speed sensor will cause this fault as well needing replaced.This would need to be checked into further to locate which is the cause and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have driven the car all week with the new tyre aqnd it has not turned itself off so I will try to get it tested with a tyre pressure test tool. Can any tyre garage do this or is it specialist ?.How do I find out if the judder is a faulty wheel speed sensor ?
Stella

Usually this can be done by any tire shop as they will all have tire pressure test tools to check this.You can also have this done by any shop or dealer as well.

You would need to have the signals checked with a compatible scan tool to observe the wheel speed sensor signals when driving to see if one is sending a false signal needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete