Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a with a Ford 1600efi engine from a Fiesta XR2i 8

I have a Morgan with a Ford 1600efi engine from a Fiesta XR2i 8 valve.The engine should produce 100 to 105 BHP but on a rolling road it only produced 89 BHP with a dip in the power around 2500 rpm.If you know the problem,do you know a garage that are experts on this engine in the Manchester area.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 28 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with either a restriction in the exhaust with one of the exhaust components restricted internally needing replaced like a plugged catalytic converter ( if equipped) or a faulty muffler.

I have also seen most common a fault with one or more injectors allowing to much fuel into a cylinder or to much fuel through the return side causing this fault as well needing replaced.

I would have the exhaust system tested as well as the fuel system to locate any issues found needing repaired.I would say injector failure is probably most common.

The repair facility in the link below looks to have high ratings in your area and should be able to work on this model here.

https://andrewsautorepairs.co.uk/

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete