Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I think my immobiliser has kicked in on my hyundai coupe as

I think my immobiliser has kicked in on my hyundai coupe as I'm unable to start the car. can it be reset?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

I'd begin by replacing the key fob battery with a new item and then disconnect the battery for 10 mins to reset everything

if this doesn't help then the security system may need re-programming to treat the key as a new item - sadly this is a dealer only job as you need the specialized tool to program it all

its also possible that the BCM ( body control module) is faulty as this is the module that controls the security aspect

and sometimes they can be damaged by water ingress into the module

again re-programming BCM is a dealer only job

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MattI had been struggling with this problem for a couple of weeks and had already tried your suggestions.Last weekend a mate of mine noticed that I had a new stereo in the car and suggested I disconnect it.Guess what the immobiliser is back to normal.My problem is solved but not due to my contact with you, however in the spirit of the use of this website I am happy to pay, what rating do you need?Graham.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

thank you graham

and thanks for letting me know

any rating that is positive or neutral will close the question