Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I am thinking of buying a 2005 Bentley Arnage. It has a

Customer Question

Hi I am thinking of buying a 2005 Bentley Arnage. It has a tappet noise when it is running which I assume could mean the tappets or the camshaft might need fixing/replacing.Any idea what that would cost at a non Bentley Dealership if it was the problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually it is the tappets needing replaced and replacement can run around $500 to $700 in most cases.I would have the engine checked over though to be sure this is the cause before having them replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete