Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Pathfinder 2012 - off side puddle light not working. Near

Pathfinder 2012 - off side puddle light not working.
Near side light works ok as do the interior lights.
It's not the lamp so checked for power. None at the lamp and none in the multipin plug inside the cabin in the drivers footwell.
I'm guessing this wires back to a control PCB somewhere.
What should I be looking for.
Many thanks!
Mike
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any water damaged wiring or connections with any corrosion as well as any damaged wiring needing repaired.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. this may be the PCB itself at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello PeteThanks for your reply.I have inspected the fittings and wiring loom back as far as the multipon plug in the footwell.
It is very probably the PCB that feeds this lamp. The power is missing front this single lamp.
My question is where is the PCB!
Mike

Just to be sure this is outside mirror lamp am I correct and do you have heated mirrors at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's the outside (right hand drive) mirror. Yes they are heated.

O.k., the PCB that controls these lights is called the BCM ( body control module) the light signals come from the BCM to turn on and off this light that is not working.The BCM should be located behind the gauge cluster in the dash with the cluster removed it can be seen.

If the wiring is found to be o.k. then the BCM needs replaced.When it is replaced it has to be programmed by a dealer or repair center that can perform the programming to allow it to operate properly.

Thanks Pete