Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My rx8 has the engine warning light on it had a flat battery

Hi my rx8 has the engine warning light on it had a flat battery with no warning on before can the recharging of the battery cause this. the engine will not rev up when you start her only had the car a short time .PETER
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did the engine warning light and running issue come on after the battery was recharged?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
after i recharged the battery ,i also changed the engine oil having used a flush oil first

O.k.,most likely there are low voltage codes set related to this fault here.I suspect the low voltage has put the vehicle into a fail safe mode with the codes either needing cleared out to resolve this fault or there is an actual fault still and the codes need diagnosed and repaired to resolve the fault.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicles data port then those codes can be diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault or they may just need to be cleared out with the scan tool/computer to resolve the fault.This has to be done.In some cases an idle relearn may be needed or a crank sensor relearn may be needed to resolve this issue as well which is done with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle.

Once this is done this should resolve the fault you are seeing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete