Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Mitsubishi Mirage 1.25 premium auto and every few

I have a Mitsubishi Mirage 1.25 premium auto and every few weeks it randomly emits a very loud series of beeps while driving, any clues?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 26 days ago.

do you have any warning / check engine lights on?

also have you checked all the fluid levels? engine oil , coolant, brake fluid etc

when it beeps, what is the driving scenario? stationary , reversing, accelerating

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi Matt,
There are no engine/warning lights showing and the most recent example was on a rainy evening. My wife had driven the car and reported the problem to me when she arrived home. I took the car out to try it and the beeps happened when I made the first few left turns and then stopped happening. I bought the car second hand and it appears to have had front and rear parking sensors added as an extra!
Expert:  Matt replied 26 days ago.

this sounds like it may be the aftermarket parking system to be honest

if you can pull a fuse or otherwise disable it then that would help diagnose it

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
To be honest that seems the most likely to me as well. Will try disabling it or take to a local auto technician to check. Thanks for your time, just wanted to check it wasnt a known problem
Expert:  Matt replied 26 days ago.

no problem

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you