Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a land rover TD5 Discovery.I Have replaced the front

i have a land rover TD5 Discovery.I Have replaced the front discs because of a pulsating foot pedal.The problem disapeared then it returned a couple of months later!So replaced discs again with genuine parts and it is doing it again.Could it be the calipers warping the discs?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Take the old disc and have them put on a Lathe Machines and see if they are warped or not if they are have them lathed

and then fit and try again .

Warped disc if with in the limits can be lathed ,you don't have to replace them.

Now if they do warp again then check the calipers are not binding ,what can happen is when the brakes bind the disc get hot and when you pass over water it will shock and warp the disc.

When you have the disc removed disconnect the tie rod from the knuckle so its free to turn . and test the preload .

If not with in spec you will have this same affect when braking thinking the disc is warped .

If not with in preload specs the swivel bearings will need to be checked adjusted or replaced .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will do thanks
Pete
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Pete still have issue please get back ,which you can anytime now that you have

accepted an answer and at no extra cost .

Cheers Greg