Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2002 450 which won't change gear automatically when

Customer Question

I have a 2002 450 which won't change gear automatically when it gets up to the redline area, I've changed the gearbox angle sensor but it's made no difference?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 28 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done if this has not been done already is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see if any codes are set with this issue here.Any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.This may be a fault with a solenoid or sensor in the transmission/gear box needing replaced.Having the codes checked and further transmission/gearbox testing needs to be done.Also I would have the throttle position sensor or acceleration sensor tested to see if one is faulty as this will also cause this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete