Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Unable to start 1995 XJ6, after been off the road for some

Unable to start 1995 XJ6, after been off the road for some time. Good battery power, checked relays, fuses etc but plugs will not spark and fuel is not pumped to the engine. Any advice welcome! Angus
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.Inspect for any damaged or chewed up wiring leading to the engine ecu as well as fuse panels as in some cases when a vehicle sits a rodent may chew up and damage wiring.If this is all o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete