Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have ordered last week a new Mercedes C200 petrol auto SE

I have ordered last week a new Mercedes C200 petrol auto SE for delivery in early Jan 2018. Last night I read some owner reviews on car buyer which warned of unreliable electrics, gearbox problems, failure of stop-start etc. The lease is for 4 years. Should I consider cancellation? Thanks TK
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 month ago.

These models unfortunately have received some reports of problems, however a lot of these problems reported are down to minor software issues within the cars electronics. At this point I wouldn't be too worried as the actual number suffering these issues and being complained about is relatively small to the amount of vehicles sold and the otherwise very happy customers. Within the first three years the car will be covered by a comprehensive warranty during which time any issues should be corrected by your local dealer. I strongly suspect the car will receive a software update to help correct some of these known issues whether that happens before or after your purchase is currently unknown, but if not this is usually done upon a complaint of a problem after the fault has been confirmed.

It is very much a matter of opinion as to whether you should go ahead with the purchase and how much faith you have in the brand and the dealer selling the vehicle as the main dealer is the first point of call if any issues arise but from a mechanical point of view these minor issues shouldn't be too much of a put off as ultimately any failures WILL be repaired, and with a global software update many are cured. Of course as a worst case this would cause an inconvenience of having to take the car for diagnostic and repair which should be considered. All in all the cars are very well designed and built to high standards, Mercedes generally have very good after sales support and offer a more one to one service than many other brands which can often suffer the same issues down the line.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 month ago.

Please feel free to reply if you need further assistance and I will be happy to continue our chat. If your happy with the assistance I have provided please remember to accept or rate my answer. Thanks, Ross.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very impressed