Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

2010 Proton Persona Gen-2. 30k Remote key operation nearly

Customer Question

2010 Proton Persona Gen-2. 30k
Remote key operation nearly non existent.
New batteries fitted, only slight improvement with one key, non with additional key. the good key range is about 5 feet on drivers side.
Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 19 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault internally with the receiver itself.I have seen the receiver fail in the past before causing this type of fault here with it needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers this needs done.In some cases a code may set related to this issue that will help to diagnose and pinpoint this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete