Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My 2011 61 reg kia soul diesel automatic, the speedo does

My 2011 61 reg kia soul diesel automatic, the speedo does not work stuck on zero, the odometer does not trip, also when on stop engine running put into drive or reverse or park gearbox does a slight jerk
car runs great but also shows no auto too manual switchover on information dashboard.when moving gearstick.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 26 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

With no communication to the TCM the power and ground signals need tested to the TCM as well as wiring checked for any issues leading to and at the TCM.If any faults are found the affected wiring will need repaired.If all wiring is checked and found o.k. then the TCM itself may be faulty internally needing replaced.I have seen TCM failure in the past before cause the U code and the speedometer issue needing replaced.Keep in mind when the speedometer is not working the odometer will not work either.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete