Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

The headlight keep on unless i turn off the car Assistant:

the headlight keep on unless i turn off the car
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: C max 2015
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I do, I checked relay box and all goes fine
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: yes and its about 55000
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 23 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If your model uses a light sensor to help determine when to turn on the auto headlights this sensor may be faulty needing replaced sending a false signal.It is usually located either on the dash or in the interior mirror.Make sure nothing is covering up this sensor on the dash as this can cause this as well.You would need to have the fault codes read out and diagnosed to help locate which component is at fault causing this issue needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hey Mr Peter, Thank you for your response. I thought about the light sensor before but I didn't consider it faulty because sensor suppose to communicate with body control module in case you switched on headlights to auto mode. in my case headlights keep on even if switched it off from headlights switch.
what I am looking for its how I could be sure if BCM function properly and what other possible causes of this fault function in my car.

Your welcome

You would need to have the fault codes read out of the BCM with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set then those codes are diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.The compatible scan tool or computer can also read the data signals from the BCM to see if the light sensor is sending a false signal to help determine if the sensor is the cause or possibly the BCM itself needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete