Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Assistant: What is your issue regarding? ive topped up

hi
Assistant: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: ive topped up gearbox oil on a scenic auto transmission and the filler plug wont go back in and it wont start
Assistant: When was your last oil change?
Customer: around 2 years ago
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all I have done is to top up the transmission oil battery is new
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: but the oil filler bolt won't go back in?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hello I 've managed to start it as the earth was not connected but the gearbox oil filler bolt will not go back in and the car will not move forwards or backwards
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It looks like its misaligned
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 23 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually a fill plug will remove and reinstall the same.Make sure no damage has occurred to the plug or threads.If this is not the cause here and the issue is something else with this plug let me know so we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
thank you for your response I managed to get the fill plug back in as the hole was slightly misaligned do have had to use a small star crew driver to centralise it and tightened the filler plug.The car won't now engage in park and so won't start. The gear lever moves into Reverse and Forward.It is a scenic 1.6 VVT Privilege Hatchback. The registration number is ***** EPD.2007 model Petrol.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 22 days ago.

Have you had fault codes checked at all with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model?