Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a vauxhall agila expression, and the engine imissions

I have a vauxhall agila expression, and the engine imissions light stays on even when engine is running
Category: Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 25 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can indicate a fault with one of the engine or emissions components not operating properly.What has to be done from here to locate the source of the fault is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your models data port that can read all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.This has to be done as there are several components on your vehicle that can cause this issue so the codes do need read out to help locate the faulty component needing repaired or replaced.

This may be a fault with a failing exhaust sensor or fuel tank vapor sensor needing replaced.Having the codes checked will help to pinpoint the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete